This week peace activists around the planet are participating in events to protest the military budgets that wreak destruction and rob human needs programs. Join the Global Days of Action on Military Spending (GDAMS), April 18-28, in your community. We must act boldly to help our neighbors recognize how badly the world is overarmed and peace is underfunded.
Host or participate in an event in your community. Unite around new priorities, protest the war-economy, and promote policies based on peace, diplomacy, and funding human needs. This year’s Global Days of Action on Military Spending span U.S. tax day (April 18) to the release of the annual world military expenditure figures by the (April 28).
Here’s how you can get involved with GDAMS in the coming days:
- Find and participate in a GDAMS event near you
- Add your events to UFPJ’s event calendar
- For hosts: find event planning tools, reports, posters, banners, logos, flyers – even special masks!
- Join the GDAMS Thunderclap campaign on social media
- Take and publish a GDAMS selfie on social media
- Download and share new Infographics on military spending
- Check out the GDAMS US page
- National Priorities Project has up-to-date resources on how the Pentagon and our military economy robs from life sustaining social programs
We hope you will take action, along with our parters around the globe this GDAMS!