After 12 years in Afghanistan, the longest war in U.S. history, it is time for our troops and contractors to come home now – leaving no one behind.
Secretary of State John Kerry and President Hamid Karzai are finalizing negotiations to keep as many as 10,000 troops in Afghanistan for years to come. The Obama Administration’s deadline to reach an agreement is Thursday, October 31.
If you support our troops, please take action right now, Call the White House (202-456-1111) or send an email www.whitehouse.gov/contact telling President Obama we want our men and women in uniform home NOW – leaving no U.S. troops or contractors in Afghanistan.
No compelling case has been made for why it is necessary to leave U.S. troops in Afghanistan. All indicators literally scream for an end to the War in Afghanistan with a total withdrawal of all troops:
2,289 U. S. soldiers have died – almost 19,000 injured
the war is not almost over
our troops are still dying and sustaining lifelong injuries every day in Afghanistan
- Skyrocketing military suicides, PTSD and TBI injuries
- “Green on Blue” attacks, in which members of Afghan forces kill U.S. troops – highlighting the growing resentment against the U.S. occupation even among our Afghan partners
- The Afghan people have suffered greatly, alarmingly high rate of civilian deaths http://costsofwar.org/article/afghan-civilians
- President Karzai is not a trusted partner and has been highly critical of the U.S.
- The costs of this war, $550 billion, clearly outweighs any “supposed” benefits
- The vast majority of Americans have supported a quick end to the Afghanistan war for years
It is time for President Obama to listen to the American people and give real support to our troops.