Despite Saudi Arabia’s history of aggression, brutality, and human rights abuses, the United States continues to provide the country with weapons and the tools to commit its violence.
UFPJ has banded with partner organizations to:
- Call on the governments of the world to stop providing Saudi Arabia with weaponry.
- Boycott and divest from and implement sanctions against that country until its government ends its military aggression and abuse of human rights.
This petition is just the beginning of a broader campaign that we’re taking part in to address Saudi Arabia and US weapons deals.
Here are four reasons to take action against Saudi Arabia:
- Saudi Arabia buys huge amounts of U.S. and European weaponry, which it uses to slaughter civilians in Yemen, including bombing a hospital, and to repress democracy at home and in neighboring Bahrain.
- Saudi Arabia sells huge amounts of fossil fuels to the United States and other nations, which they use to render the earth’s climate uninhabitable.
- Saudi Arabia is the leading source of funding for violent groups terrorizing the Middle East, as well as the attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001.
- Saudi Arabia brutally oppresses its own people, including beheading pro-democracy activists.
Thank you for joining us in taking important this important action today!
1. Defense News: Saudi, UAE Influence Grows With Purchases
2. International Business Times: Clinton Foundation Donors Got Weapons Deals From Hillary Clinton’s State Department
3. BBC: Yemen conflict: MSF hospital destroyed by air strikes
4. Associated Press: An Intolerable Unimaginable Heat Forecast for Persian Gulf
5. New York Times: Claims Against Saudis Cast New Light on Secret Pages of 9/11 Report
6. Reader Supported News: Saudi Arabia Has No Business Chairing the UN Human Rights Council