International Week of Protest to
Stop the Militarization of Space
No Missile Defense
End Afghanistan War
No to NATO Expansion
Stop the Drones
Convert the Military Industrial Complex
Bring Our War $$ Home
No Nuclear Power in Space or on Earth
End Corporate Domination of Foreign/Military Policy
List in formation
- Albuquerque, New Mexico (Oct 3) Showing of award winning documentary Pax-Americana & the Weaponization of Space at the Center for Peace & Justice, 202 Harvard SE, 6:00 pm. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andover, Massachusetts (Oct 11) Merrimack Valley People for Peace will hold a vigil in front of Raytheon, 7:00-8:00 am. email@example.com
- Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 6) Vigil across from administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am Smilin’ Trees Disarmament Farm (207) 763-4062
- Bhubhaneswar (Orissa state) India (Oct 6) Space issues education and awareness program. Coordinated by Ramchandra Patro firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brunswick, Maine (Oct 4) Showing of award winning documentary Pax-Americana & the Weaponization of Space at the Curtis Memorial Library at 7:00 pm. email@example.com
- Cardiff, Wales (Oct 9) Handing in of Petition calling for Welsh Government to withdraw support for testing of drones at Aberporth and over Wales http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Colorado Springs, Colorado (Oct 12) Demonstration from noon to 12:45 pm with banners outside of the SAIC facility (space-tech war work) which is adjacent to Peterson AFB (HQ of Air Force Space Command) northgate. That way we get a firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado Springs, Colorado (Oct 12) Demonstration at West gate of Schriever AFB, home of the Space Warfare Center and numerous other Star Wars programs 3:30 – 4:30 pm. email@example.com
- RAF Croughton, England (Oct 6) Rally at U.S. communication base, March to main gate 1 mile – starts Croughton village 12.00 midday, Returns 3:00 pm, Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deming, New Mexico (Oct 12) Weekly Friday Occupy vigil will carry Keep Space for Peace signs
- Friargate, England (Oct 8) Public Meeting: Yorkshire’s role in Drone Warfare 7:00 pm, Friargate Friends meeting house. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Fylingdales, England (Oct 7) Begin bicycle trip from Fylingdales U.S. radar facility to Menwith Hill to highlight their connections with US missile defense and the use of space technology. Overnight peace camp the night before. email@example.com
- Hinckley, England (Oct 7) Drones Peace Walk leaves Tamworth 9am for long walk (approx 17 miles) to Hinckley. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir state) India (Oct 10) Rally coordinated by Ashwani Pradadhan firstname.lastname@example.org
- King of Prussia/Valley Forge, Pennsylvania (Oct 13) Noon. Brandywine Peace Community’s annual Keep Space for Peace Week demonstration (and observance of U.S. Afghan war anniversary) at Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin, the world’s largest war profiteer, a primary contractor of space weaponry as well as unmanned aerial vehicles, drones (including the Hell Fire missiles they carry) and the satellites which enable their remote control from the continental U.S. email@example.com
- Leeds, England (Oct 3) ‘Drones – a new kind of warfare’ a talk and discussion with Chris Cole of the Campaign against Drones on the growing use of unmanned drones in the Middle East and beyond. 7.30 pm, Room G546, Rosebowl Building, Leeds Metropolitan University. Organised by Pax Christi and Yorkshire CND.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leicester, England (Oct 8) Drones Peace Walk leaves Hinckley 10:00 am for 12 mile walk to Leicester. Demonstration at the Thales Watchkeeper drone factory, Scudamore Road, Leicester, 3.30pm. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Lincoln, England (Oct 12) Drones Peace Walk leaves Southwell on bus 28 to Newark at 9.38, then bus 47 from Newark at 10.40 to outskirts of Lincoln then walking 5 miles to Friends Meeting House. Hosted in houses. Possible evening meeting.http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- London, England (Oct 12) Demonstration outside London office of General Atomics, Tower 42, Old Broad Street. Organised by London Catholic Worker http://www.
- Loughborough, England (Oct 9) Drones Peace Walk gathers at Gandhi’s statue, Belgrave Road, Leicester at 9.30am for readings, 10am leave for Loughborough 12 miles, evening meeting in Loughborough http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Menwith Hill, England (Oct 9) ‘The Faceless Face of Military Drones’ demonstration at NSA Spy Base in Yorkshire at 6-8 pm. Will be welcoming the cyclists from Yorkshire CND when they arrive at Menwith Hill from Fylingdales. (Faceless masks will be available) Sponsored by CAAB email@example.com or 01423 884076
- Nagpur, (Maharashtra state) India (Oct 9) Space issues education and awareness program at Women’s College, Nandanwant Lay out. Coordinator Mrunalini Fadnavismrunalinifadnavis@gmail.com
- Nagpur, (Maharashtra state) India (Oct 12) Students rally at Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work. Coordinated by Prof. Geetha Thachil firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nagpur, (Maharashtra state) India (Oct 13) A massive Dharna (Squating) will
be held jointly with several organisations at Nagpur. email@example.com
- Newton, Massachusetts (Oct 21) Bruce Gagnon speaks on how space technology coordinates all war on Earth at First Unitarian Church, 1326 Washington Street, West Newton, 7:00 pm Ncwrenn@aol.com
- Nottingham, England (Oct 10) Drones Peace Walk Leaves Loughborough 9am, walk to Nottingham, 15 miles, staying in Friends Meeting House, peace supper.http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Oita, Japan (Oct 12) Banner against the fast breeder reactor development in Japan and the international joint R&D of a nuclear fusion reactor 16:00~17:00 at Oita Kyusyu Electric Power Co firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oswestry, England (Oct 4) Coalition for Peace is hosting a talk by Chris Cole of Drone Wars UK at the Walford Davies Room, The Giuildhall, Bailey Head, Oswestry, Shropshire at 7.30. The title is ‘Drone Wars: Afghanistan, Pakistan and Beyond’. Details 01691 650527
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Oct 7) Vigil and demonstration against drone research at UPENN at 34th & Walnut Streets, 1:00 pm. Speakers, music, and more; followed by kite flying in Woodland Walk field, between UPENN and Drexel University, behind the corner at 34th & Walnut Streets. End the War, Stop the Killer Drone Strikes, Space for Peace, not drone strikes directed from the U.S. through space. Kites will be available, bring your own if you can, and don’t forget your umbrella in the event of rain. email@example.com
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Oct 8) Noon, Brown bag lunch presentation at Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street, with Bruce Gagnon, International peace organizer; Coordinator,Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space and Keep Space for Peace Week; Author, Come Together Right Now: Organizing Stories From Fading Empire. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pickering, England (Oct 7) Peace in space cycle journey we will be stopping overnight for rest. meeting and discussion. email@example.com
- Ponidcherry University, India (Oct 7-8) Space issues education and awareness campaign Coordinator J. Narayana Rao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Porthmadog, England (Oct 13) Anti-drone street stall, Porthmadog, Fellowship of Reconciliation, 2.30pm http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Portland, Maine (Oct 8) Anti-Drone Die-In at Obama Campaign Headquarters, 533 Forest Ave., noon-1pm. CODEPINK State of Maine & Portland Pat Taub (207) 542-7119 email@example.com
- Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (Oct 11) Vigil and flyer distribution at the north end of the Scarth Street Mall in downtown Regina, 12:00-12:30 pm. Making Peace Vigil 306-539-8853; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rochester, New York (Oct 6-13) Putting up Keep Space for Peace Week posters around town throughout the week. 585-339-9782
- Santa Barbara, California (Oct 18-21) Challenging Robotic Warfare Technology: Education, Organizing, Strategy & Resistance Statewide Conferencetierralinda@live.com
- Shenstone, England (Oct 6) Anti-drones peace walk begins with demonstration at UAV engine plant at Shenstone (near Birmingham). Meet at the train station at 10.30am then demonstration at the nearby Elbit factory until 11.30. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Sioux Falls, SD (Oct. 13) Pax Christi Southeastern SD “The Dignity of Life, Promoting Peace on Land & at Sea.” We will pray, study and act on issues of life and death. Caminando Juntos, 1-3 pm. email@example.com
- Southwell, England (Oct 11) Drones Peace Walk leaves Leicester FMH 9am, walk to Southwell, 13 miles. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Springfield, Pennsylvania (Oct 7) Anniversary of the U.S. war in Afghanistan. Bruce Gagnon speaks at the Peace Center of Delaware County, 1001 Old Sproul Road,www.delcopeacecenter.org 5:30 pm. Potluck Supper; 6:30 p.m. Presentation and Discussion: A Decade plus of War…Drones, and more: Empire and the Militarization of Space. Evening co-sponsored by the Brandywine Peace Community firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stockholm, Sweden (Oct 28) Swedish Peace Council seminar about The Militarization of the North: How the Arctic has become a dangerous field for war preparations. Speakers from northern Russia, Bard Wormdal from Vardö (northern Norway) on satellite war, from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Sweden is present chair of Arctic Council) and Agneta Norberg on drone testing in Northern Sweden. email@example.com
- Tavistock, England (Oct 9) Public Meeting in Tavistock. ‘Drones: The future of war?’ with Chris Cole. http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- Tucson, Arizona (Oct 9) Vigil from 6:30 – 7:30 a.m. at Raytheon Missile Systems, Hermans Road entrance to the plant (3rd traffic light south of Valencia on Nogales Highway, the extension of South 6th Avenue). firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vandenberg AFB, California (Oct 22) Back country non-violent resistance action to occupy Pentagon’s global drone and missile nerve center. email@example.com
- Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh state) India (Oct 11) Students rally coordinated by J. V. Prabhakar firstname.lastname@example.org
- RAF Waddington, England (Oct 13) Drones Peace Walk leaves Lincoln 9am, walk 6 miles to RAF Waddington. Demonstration at RAF Waddington from 12 noon until 2pm.http://dronecampaignnetwork.
- York, England (Oct 8) Peace in space cycle journey we will be stopping to meet and talk with public. email@example.com
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.